9 Signs Your House is Haunted
A quick checklist to reference if your home shows signs of possible haunting.
1. Unexplained noises – footsteps, knocks, banging, rapping, scratching sounds, sounds of something being dropped. These noises can range from subtle to very loud and sometimes only certain people can hear them.
2. Unexplained movements – doors, cabinets or cupboards opening and closing on their own. This can also include hearing the sounds of doors/cabinets opening and closing. Set up video cameras to try and catch the phenomenon taking place.
3. Unexplained electrical happenings – lights turning off and on – these events are seldom seen actually occurring, but the lights are switched on or off on their own. This can also happen with TVs, radios and other electrically powered items.
4. Disappearing and reappearing property/persons - this phenomenon known as apport, is the paranormal transference of an article from one place to another, or an appearance of an article from an unknown source that is often associated with poltergeist activity or haunting.
5. Unexplained shadows – the sighting of dark shapes and shadows that is usually seen out of the corner of one’s eye, is commonly attributed to “shadow people” and or “elemental infestation.” The shadow forms are described as having vague human forms and other times they are described as having less distinguishable ball like shapes.
6. Strange animal behavior – dogs, cats, horses and other pets will behave strangely when presented with persistent haunting activity. If your pet starts to do things “out of the ordinary” including but not limited to reacting at something unseen, cower without apparent reason or refuse to enter a room – may all be signs of paranormal happenings. Note when this is happening with a video camera for reference.
7. Feelings of being watched – this is one of the most common effects when presented with paranormal happenings. Rule out electrical equipment to make sure you are not being effected by this. Since this can not be recorded with video or sound, you can take notes to where and when this happens for reference.
8. Feelings of extreme emotions – if you are usually not known to have fits of anger, sadness or worthlessness this could be signs that you are being influenced by a paranormal presence. You can also feel very tired for no apparent reason.
9. Unexplained smells – it can vary from sweet perfume to decomposing flesh or smoke/burning. If you can not locate the source of the smell you should note where it happens and when for reference.